The steel target industry is full of posers. There, we said it. There are companies who will gladly take your money, but the product they offer is at best inferior and at worst downright scary. We have heard countless stories of "the other guys" not holding up their end of the deal. Enough of that. We're proud to be a company who creates top tier target systems for shooters who believe they deserve a better target system. We stock plenty of these systems and most will ship same or next day. We don't take your money and make you wait weeks for any communication only to fail to deliver on our end of the deal. If there is ever a delay we will contact you personally and immediately.
With that being said, welcome to our most popular target system to date: The 2/3 Magnum A-DAP system! This system was always a staple to our lineup and we NOW offer it with our NEW Arachnid Armored Base.
This target is designed with serious shooters in mind who wish to have a more realistic "A Zone" style target that is affordable and can take the rigors from close range rifle use. We spent months tweaking the mounting location and attachments/design as well as the plate dimensions to create a target system that will last tens of thousands of rounds. The report from the target when struck is very clear and audible, and this target features a steeper lean angle than our typical A-DAP system. The steeper lean helps deflect bullet energy to offer and exceptionally long life span. The 3/8" AR550 construction is much more durable and resistant to chipping and pitting than the industry standard AR500 steel, even when used under 100 yards with calibers such as .223/5.56 NATO. The base and top bracket attachments are identiclal to our regular A-DAP system, so shooters can rest assured that they have the most rugged and stable platform available. All of this combined creates a target that is destined to be on everyone's range. The time for settling for less is over, the time for better targets is NOW.
We now offer this incredible target with our new Arachnid Armored Base.
The Arachnid Base is another evolution in our quest to provide the highest quality, most refined target systems on the market. The Arachnid base is collapsible and ultra portable. The footprint of the Arachnid is larger than our industry leading 20" round base and just a bit smaller than our 26" large round base. Even though the Arachnid has a large footprint it is able to fold up into a package approximately 4" wide x 9" tall x 23" long when packed for storage or transport. The Arachnid Armored Base offers superior grip on a multitude of terrain types which means your AR550 Steel Target System will be firmly planted, no matter the terrain. The very front shield of the Arachnid is made from 1/4" AR500 steel, thus protecting the 2x4 and 1x2 paper holders from low impact shots. The front 1x2 paper holder tubes are also replaceable in the event that they are lost, stolen, or damaged somehow. If you are a mobile trainer, or simply like the ease of packing down a more compact armored base, the Arachnid is a perfect fit for your needs.
- NOW OFFERED WITH THE NEW ARACHNID ARMORED BASE!
- Standard Tool-less construction, just like our other A-DAP targets
- 3/8" AR550 plate construction, which can be unbolted and flipped to extend life of target
- Available upgrade to 1/2" AR550. 1/2" AR550 means serious business!
- Target Plate Dimensions: Approximately 8" Wide x 16" Tall
- Bolts are our standard GRADE 8 Carriage bolts
- The forward lean is approximately 10 degrees steeper than our regular A-DAP systems
- 3/8" AR550 version is rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223-308 at 50 yards. Larger calibers 100 yards.
- 1/2" AR550 version is rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 as close as 30 yards (with proper ammo), 308 at 50 yards, magnum rifle calibers at 100 yards and beyond
- Add the Hostage Assembly for a reactive twist to an already epic target system. Click here to learn more about the Hostage Assembly.
*NOTE: Distance recommendations are determined with lead core, copper jacketed ammunition with a muzzle velocity of 3,000 FPS or less. Faster ammunition may require further distances to avoid possible dimpling of the plate.
- The Arachnid: Modern, Innovative, Collapsible, Portable, Armored Steel Target Base System. Welcome to the Future.
- Tool-Less design means super simple setup, yet ultra stable.
- Front Shield is manufactured from high quality 1/4" AR500 steel. This protects against occasional low misses/impacts.
- Center legs, Rear shield, and wood board holders are all mild steel and are not armored. They are protected by the front shield. The perfect balance of cost and craftsmanship.
- When Packaged: Base is approximately 4"w x 9" tall x 23" long.
- The Arachnid Armored Base is designed for use with any of our AR550 A-DAP systems
- Includes hardware and all necessary instructions for assembly
- Front shield has steep forward lean to deflect low misses directly into the ground
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The base is NOT intended to be a target! Although the front shield is made from 1/4" AR500, it is NOT designed to be purposely shot with handguns or rifles. It is designed to protect your base from occasional low hits. You MAY damage your base if you shoot it purposely and use it as if it is a target.
- Approximate weight of this base packaged is 52 pounds for 3/8" AR550 and 62 pounds for 1/2" AR550. This is approximate.
- Note: This system MAY ship in multiple packages/sizes depending on your order contents and quantity.
- Base not intended to withstand intentional bullet impacts
- Do NOT shoot base with ANY steel core or penetrator ammunition.
So what kind of lifespan can you expect from this target? We anticipate that, when used properly, our targets can withstand 25,000 rounds to 50,000 rounds of use. That is honestly a conservative number as we have departments with over 150,000 confirmed rounds on our 1/2" AR550 A-DAP targets. The key here is PROPERLY. Using ammunition that goes against our recommendations or shooting projectiles and calibers closer than recommended will shorten the lifespan. You will put wear and tear on the plate throughout its life. We recommend rotating the plate as soon as you see warping or any pitting. Doing this proactively will further increase the lifespan. If you have questions contact us at email@example.com
Manuals and Instructions:
Please visit our Manuals and Instructions page.
Customize your Target Package Below: