For years the only self-resetting Popper targets have used small, weak torsion springs which would only allow smaller plates to be used. Some of these systems use targets that are 16” or smaller in height, which does not offer a lot of value to a customer. This system throws that all out the window and offers our customers a robust, well designed system that doesn’t break the bank.
We have always loved popper style targets, but we realized that popper style targets are best in sets. This creates a disadvantage for a backyard shooter who is on a tighter budget because buying one just didn’t make sense. We have now offered a solution that can be used with springs to auto reset upon impact, or our customers can remove the springs and use the targets like a popper style knock down target! Whether you are using these for your clubs competitions, or just buying one for plinking with your favorite hunting rifle, you can rest assured that this target is full of features that offer more value to our customers than any other Popper style target on the market.
- USPSA Full Size Popper: $275.00 (note this size plate is not designed to work with springs) This target is approximately 42” Tall. The circle is 12” Diameter. Built based on USPSA Specifications. This version of the VTAR system weighs approximately 55 Pounds
- USPSA Full Size Classic Popper: $235.00 (note this size plate is not designed to work with springs). This target is approximately 34” Tall. The circle is 12” Diameter. Built based on USPSA Specifications. This version of the VTAR system weighs approximately 50 pounds.
-30% Reduced USPSA Popper: $184.95 without springs. $204.95 with spring assembly. This target is approximately 30% smaller than the USPSA Spec version. Approximately 28” Tall. Circle is 8” Diameter. Each unit approximately 38 pounds assembled.
-Reduced Classic USPSA Popper: $184.95 without springs. $204.95 with spring assembly. This target is approximately 30% smaller than the USPSA Spec version. Approximately 28” Tall. Circle is 8” Diameter. Each unit approximately 38 pounds assembled.
-Prairie Dog Popper: $164.95 without springs. $184.95 with spring assembly. This target is shaped like a small groundhog or a larger prairie dog. Approximately 22” tall plate. These are perfect for hunters or long distance shooters. Each unit approximately 32 pounds assembled.
-Note: these plates are offered in 3/8” AR550 standard. Other materials/thicknesses may be available for an upcharge. Please contact us with inquiries.
- Pistol Use (9mm, .40, .45) 10 yards minimum
- Rifle Use: Up to .223/5.56 NATO & .300 Blackout 50 Yards Minimum. Calibers like .308 winchester and larger should be used at 100 yards minimum for target and component longevity. For some ultra-high velocity magnum calibers certain ammo may cause surface blemishes. If you notice this, please increase distance or use a lower velocity ammo.
- Included in price: Base unit, target plate, hardware required for VTAR-AutoPopper. Please note the springs are an extra. If you do not select springs from the menu, your target will be shipped without springs.
-Please note: There will be a short break-in period for the springs. Optimum motion and movement should be achieved quickly after use.
- This target is NOT designed or intended for steel core, penetrator, or armor piercing ammunition.
-We include Four (4) ¼” thick stakes with each target purchased at no extra charge. ** We highly recommend using these stakes, especially when adding spring tension for larger calibers. The plate returning to battery from a knocked down position can cause the target to walk or flip forward when used without stakes. **
-NOTE: please expect a 5-10 business day lead time on full size USPSA and USPSA Classic plate sizes.
Manuals and Instructions:
Please visit our Manuals and Instructions page.